Thank you for your membership in the Flying Leatherneck Historical Foundation. Because of your consistent and generous support, the Foundation has been able to keep the Flying Leatherneck Aviation Museum open to a growing and appreciative public throughout 2017. I am grateful for the interest and commitment you have shown.
Last year at this time, Brigadier General Mike Aguilar took on the reins as Vice Chairman and our team grew, refined our mission and prepared for the future. 2018 holds even greater promise. In the coming year, we hope to:
- Welcome approximately 30,000 guests from all over the world
- Expand our K-12 education programs, in partnership with the Character Education Resource Center at the University of San Diego
- Maintain and exhibit the world’s largest collection of aircraft flown by Marine aviators
- Open new and informative exhibits
- Host and honor veteran groups, active duty military personnel, student field trips and various other civilian groups and special events
- Support industry and corporate events with aircraft displays and docent support
- Honor veterans and inspire patrons by planning and conducting many other events
We can all share in the satisfaction in a job well done! Your Foundation and Museum are gaining momentum every day, and I am genuinely excited about what we will accomplish in 2018 and beyond.
We believe it is very important for our nation that we preserve history, honor service and inspire generations.
Today, I am again asking for your generous support of the Flying Leatherneck Historical Foundation. To fully meet our commitments to the Museum, the Foundation has set a goal for this year of raising $300,000. To meet this goal I invite you to renew and increase your financial pledge to whatever level meets your comfort. It is my sincere wish to involve at least 50% of our membership in this fund raising effort. I also ask if you can revisit your estate plans and join many of us who have included the FLHF as a legacy beneficiary.
If our mission means as much to you as it does to me – to preserve the history of Marine Corps aviation – please consider contributing generously to helping reach our goal. Your patriotism and passion for the history of our Corps and the air/ground team will keep us moving forward, guaranteeing that the Flying Leatherneck Aviation Museum is open for future generations. Please make your fully tax-deductible charitable gift today.
Warm personal regards,
Major General, U.S. Marine Corps, Retired
Chairman, Board of Directors
Thank you for your generosity!
The Flying Leatherneck Historical Foundation is a tax-exempt, not-for-profit 501(c) 3 charitable organization. Our Tax ID #33-0345440. Your contributions are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law.
Ways to Give
- Mail your check: Flying Leatherneck Historical Foundation, PO Box 45316, San Diego, CA 92145-0316
- Call us at 858-693-1723
- Donate online